Wednesday, August 6, 2008

conference

This year, based on reduced attendance and sales over the last few years, Scott and I have decided just to attend conferences where I am also asked to speak. So we will not be going anywhere just as vendors. When we have tried doing that in the past, I end up talking to people while saying many of the same things repeatedly during one-on-one conversations. When I speak, I can talk to hundreds at a time and then cover more individual concerns between workshop sessions. It is so much more effective to do it that way, and is actually more enjoyable and less exhausting for me to speak to a group. I've registered on the Homeschool Speakers website, but so far (it's only been a couple of weeks) I've not been contacted by anyone through that site. I am praying that God will send me wherever He wants to, but it's kind of looking like I'll be spending my time right here at home. So my other prayer is that I will be at peace with that, too, and that God will use me however He sees fit. I just want to be smack in the middle of His will for me. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

parodysonggal said...

Thank you. Thank you for your travels over the years. I hope to see you Cincy or Indy. I realize that vendor travels have to change over time. I am grateful that the Lord allowed me to meet you at convention.

and I'll be sure to scream out loud on the IAHE (indy) feedback sheets to invite you to speak.

You fill an important spot in the homeschool vendor slot in my opinion. You have ideas and gadgets to help on a day to day basis no matter what curriculum is used.

-crystal